We’re looking for a VP of Operations to join our Operations team on a full-time basis. In this role you will develop and implement plans to efficiently scale capacity of our food production while enabling product variants, higher quality and lower costs. As a member of our operations team, you will help build a world-class, state of the art food operation that delivers convenient, delicious and healthy food to our customers nationwide.
We’re looking for a Plant Manager to join our Operations team on a full-time basis. In this role you will direct and manage all plant operations with overall responsibilities for food production and production-related activities. You will provide direction and foster the professional development of departmental managers and supervisors. You will also drive continuous improvement, execute change management, and ensure plant and employee safety standards are met.
As the Lead Data Engineer at Tovala, you will play an instrumental role in scaling our data infrastructure and data pipeline, building and maintaining mission critical predictive models, improving access to data and insights across the company, and continuing to build on our data culture. We are beginning to build out our data team and are looking for someone to get in on the ground floor and lead the effort.
- Improving and maintaining our data infrastructure, data pipeline, and data warehousing by making critical technology and architecture decisions
- Taking complex requests from members of the team and transforming them into clean, simple data analyses
- Wrangling structured and unstructured data while building predictive models that are critical to the operations of the business
- Building dashboards, visualizations, and reports in our BI tool
- Mentoring others on data best practices from technology to analysis
- Unlimited paid time off (with a minimum of 15 days off you HAVE to take)
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage we really invest in
- Paid maternity/paternity/family leave
- Transportation/health savings accounts
- A fully stocked kitchen with free breakfast, lunch, and snacks daily
- A free Tovala Smart Oven and discounted Tovala Meals
- You have 4+ years of experience building highly scalable data pipelines and cloud data solutions
- You have deep knowledge of data warehouses, preferably Amazon Redshift
- You have experience working with the AWS ecosystem, specifically Kinesis, Lambda, and S3
- You are proficient in Python. Bonus if you are familiar with Go and R
- You are proficient in SQL
- You have experience with ElasticSearch or other document data stores
- You have experience with creating simple and effective data visualizations
- You are empathetic and can work effectively with non-engineers to understand their needs
- You enjoy deep technical challenges and defining your own work
- You want to work in an environment that: Takes a people-first approach, Values humility, integrity, and ambition and is focused on creating a culture that keeps people happy and challenged
You love food, whether that means cooking it, eating it, frequently pressing your nose against deli windows, or lusting after soft-serve onInstagram. All fair game.
We’re looking for a production manager to join our Operations team on a full-time basis. In this role, you will oversee food production and operations in our kitchen facility. You would be responsible for ensuring food quality and safety as well as efficient utilization of our staff, equipment, and other resources to streamline our food production processes.
Perks of the job.
As a backend software engineer at Tovala, you will architect, build, and help scale our backend software systems that form the backbone of our consumer and internal software products. We pride ourselves on being a small and lean engineering team allowing each individual to make decisions and take ownership over their work. You’ll be part of this close-knit team as we continue building mission critical software systems and tools that enable Tovala to scale.
The Social Media & Community Coordinator is a newly created role offering a unique opportunity to fuel our growth by shaping our fast-growing company’s social media presence, building a strong community among our passionate customer-base, and discovering new ways to drive customer advocacy. Working with a cross-functional team across marketing, culinary, design, product, and customer service, you’ll work on a variety of marketing projects that will drive our brand communication plans forward.
What you can expect from us.
As Tovala rapidly scales, we’re looking for a Menu Product Manager who can act as a champion for our overall menu product by setting strategy, leading key menu projects, and owning overall menu performance. This is a new, highly cross-functional role within our Marketing Product team that will work closely with culinary, operations, tech, brand marketing and customer support. As our food has always been central to Tovala’s special sauce, you will play a very strategic role in Tovala’s overall growth both helping to drive acquisition and build upon our robust customer retention. We are looking for a passionate, strategic, collaborative individual who can flex between a big picture thinker and roll-up-your-sleeves doer. We also hope this person can grow with the organization as we scale by further building our Menu product as a new core function.
A free Tovala Smart Oven and discounted Tovala Meals
The Director of Growth Marketing will manage all of Tovala’s paid marketing across online and offline channels. The role is responsible for both the execution and optimization of current direct response and brand awareness channels (instagram, facebook, SEM and pinterest) and expanding Tovala’s marketing ecosystem into new channels (e.g. YouTube, display, connected TV, radio/podcasts, direct mail, native etc.) in order to expand reach and drive efficiencies. The ideal candidate will drive strategy, spend allocation across channels, experimentation on new channels and optimize growth marketing efforts for customer acquisition goals. Our ideal candidate is a passionate, growth oriented, and analytical marketing leader who can grow with the organization as we continue to scale.
As a Tovala Customer Service Agent, you will work with the Support Team to help our customers have a seamless and enjoyable experience with our company -- from ordering a Tovala Smart Oven to cooking a delicious Tovala Meal in their home and help educate and troubleshoot anything in between. You’ll be the first line to greet incoming chats, calls and emails and ensure that any questions or concerns from our customers are addressed in a timely, appropriate and fun manner. You will aim to provide support that is above and beyond and work to add an element of surprise and delight to all customer interactions. You will also be providing vital insights to the rest of the team to help improve our products and services.
We are continuing to shape our service and building our brand, and customer support is an essential piece of that. As a part-time Customer Support Agent, you will have the freedom of working remotely and also the chance to come into the office to collaborate with the team. Aside from the first month of training, which will be done at HQ in Chicago. You will be providing customer support during shifts with times ranging between 9:00am to 10:00 pm CT.
• Monitor and respond to email inquiries.
• Answer questions and resolve issues in real-time via online chat.
• Answer calls and phone customers to provide live support when necessary.
• Provide Tech Support help when troubleshooting the oven or App
• Educate customers around all aspects of our service and product
• Use Zendesk and other CRM software to maintain records of customers interactions.
• Analyze common trends to detect underlying problems and update customer facing
product manuals and assets for better customer self-help.
• Opportunity for sales and commissions
• Highlight trending topics to the business and engineering teams to help improve
our product and services.
• Active role in sales and Error Reporting
• Maintaining high customer satisfaction
• Have fun! We want our customers to feel like they are truly a part of the Tovala family.
A family that supports, solves problems, educates and celebrates together while sharing the
goodness of eating better.
• You’re extremely responsive and patient.
• You’re outgoing, energetic, and love talking to people.
• You have customer service experience and are obsessed with customer satisfaction.
• You live for good food so you understand the importance of a good home- cooked meal.
• You live in Chicago!
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Masterful problem solving skills – identifying root cause and customer need
• Strong computer skills, fast typing skills and light technical troubleshooting experience
• Ability to multi-task and work cross-functionally – we are a fast growing, quick-paced
(and always changing) company!
• A great sense of humor and a team player kind of attitude
• *Bonus: experience with Zendesk or similar support tool.
As a Lead Process Engineer on the Tovala team, you will be charged with scaling operations as well as finding and implementing efficiencies and optimizations across our entire operation. You’ll be responsible for designing and executing food manufacturing processes that will allow our facility to produce more efficiently, while enabling product variants, higher quality and lower costs. You will focus on our food operations team’s process and plans in order to ensure our facility has the correct layout and the labor is performing the correct tasks and the correct time.
As a member of our operations team, you will help build a world-class, state of the art food operation that delivers convenient, delicious and healthy food to our customers nationwide. You would report to our VP of Hardware and Operations and work with him to devise projects to make our process better, cheaper and faster. You would spearhead those projects, manage the people involved, and ensure that we are constantly measuring and tracking the effectiveness of each project. You’d work with industry leaders that have already figured a lot of this out to see what we can learn from others.
Our ultimate goal for our food operation is to have one of the most streamlined, automated processes in the world. We believe we can achieve that because we are as much a technology company as we are a food company – and we plan to use our engineers to bring a unique perspective to our food operation.
You would be tasked with working with our engineers to leverage their skills and expertise to help us build tools (both digital and physical) and create processes to make everything work better. This will run the gamut from how/where we source our products to leveraging different shipping methods/technologies to replicating processes across multiple, nationwide production facilities.
As the lead IoT engineer at Tovala, you will work across the software and hardware teams to manage the connected features of our ovens. New initiatives include adding metrics to cook cycles to improve efficiency and reliability, better user notifications and interaction, and a new system to manage the fleet of connected ovens from one location. You'll be building tools to make our customers' experience better, to provide customer service with the data they need to help diagnose issue, and for the engineering team to improve the product.
Our ovens are based on the ElectricImp IoT platform.